Friday, June 15, 2012

Big Girl Room

I think I am about done with Madison’s big girl room. It has taken a little longer than expected, but that is ok. The main things I needed to find were the bedding, furniture, and wall items-- everything else would hopefully work from her nursery. I started out by looking for the bedding. I was trying to find one I liked that would match with her walls and light fixture, so we would NOT have to repaint. This was my goal and it took awhile, but I finally found one that I fell in LOVE with from Layla Grace.  It was the  Little House Suzani Pink Set , which CC and Granddaddy gave her for her birthday. The next task was to find the furniture. I searched all over the internet and many furniture stores and finally decided on the Young America myhaven bed in white. Her Gigi and Paw Paw loved it so much that they wanted to give her the big girl bed for her birthday. I also ended up getting the dresser and nightstand to match.  This furniture is very well made and also made in the USA!!  The final touches were a few pieces for the walls. I still am not sure what to put above the dresser, but for now I am going to leave her monogram that was there above her crib. I then ordered 3 white frames in a custom size from Etsy for her pictures. Lastly, I have always loved the saying “ I found my prince charming I call him Daddy”, so I wanted to have this done for her room. Madison is such a daddy’s girl, so it fits so well in there. She LOVES her big girl room so much. Once we put her in her bed she doesn’t want to get out. She will stay and play in there for hours. I think it is now done.  Thank you CC, Granddaddy, Gigi, and Paw Paw for making her room so special!!

PS- It is very hard to take a picture of a small room. There was not a good angle to get any good shots. Sorry.

 

IMG_5001-001 IMG_4982-001   IMG_4996-001  IMG_4983-001

                            IMG_5020          IMG_5019

*Our good friend Jamie made this sign for her door when she was born. I love it so!!

3 comments: