Thursday, May 17, 2012

Bennett Craig Condon

IMG_9416

It has taken me awhile to get the strength to post about our sweet baby boy. I am not sure it will ever get any easier to talk about, so I figured I would try it now. On April 30 at 1 am, I was feeling some pressure, so I decided to go to the hospital. I drove myself as Craig needed to stay here with Madison. When I arrived at the hospital I was 10 cm. They tried slowing the contractions down, so that they would be able to transfer me to MUSC, since I was only 31 weeks and 6 days. That did not happen, so they gave me the steroid shot to help strengthen his lungs. My water finally broke a good while later and I started pushing. His heartbeat was so strong and he seemed to be doing so well inside me. He was finally born at 1:15 pm ,weighing close to 5 pounds and 18 inches long , with a very weak heartbeat that would not stabilize on it own or with any drugs. Soon after that our sweet baby boy was in heaven. I sit here in tears and shaking as I write this because not in a million years would I ever think I would be writing about this. His life was so short, but we know he is our little angel. I would give anything to feel those kicks again inside me. The nurses cleaned him up and brought him in for us to hold and love on. He was so cute and looks so much like his big sister Madison. We told him to please watch over our family and take good care of his big sister Madison.  We wrapped his sweet fingers around ours and just kissed him. It was hard to put him down. While Craig was holding him, all I could think about was watching them play ball in the backyard. These were moments I know Craig was looking forward too. This just breaks me heart. Seeing Craig look at him and talk to him makes me love this man so much more. He is the best father and husband. Our minister came by and baptized him, which was so special to us. We still have no answers, except for the fact that he was so early, as all the blood work has come back normal so far, which doesn’t make it any easier. It is still hard for me to understand as there are many babies born these days that are younger and smaller than him. I know God has a plan for our family and our precious Bennett. Having to watch them burry my son was the hardest thing I have ever done.  It was a very special service. We had our immediate family there and my brother Paul played the guitar and  sang a beautiful song. This meant a lot to us. People seem to say time will help ease the pain, but I am not sure it does. It doesn’t seem to be getting any easier knowing all the love and affection he is missing out on. However, I know my MEME is up in heaven loving on my sweet boy. I can see her rocking him as I write this. One day we will be together again. It is still hard for me to not feel like I let him down. There are all these what ifs that are just killing me.  I hope he knows that we love him so much and miss him beyond words. He will always be our son and a part of our family. Please keep praying for our family and my angel.

 IMG_9343 IMG_9350 IMG_9352

13 comments:

  1. Sarah, he is beautiful and so are you! Thank you so much for sharing him. I am so, so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my sweet Sarah he is just beautiful! Sweet Bennett will never be forgotten and how lucky is Heaven to have such a precious angel! I love you girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is beautiful. I too know you will see him again. You have not let him down, he knows how much you love him and can't wait for you to be reunited. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah he is so sweet and beautiful. He looks so peacful. I promise Bennett knows how much you all love and care for him. He is a sweet angel that will always be in your heart. Love ya girl and thank you for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah...these pictures are so touching. He is beautiful! You are so brave to write about your experience and pain. Here is a poem that I hope comforts your heart.

    These are my footprints, so perfect and so small.
    These tiny footprints, never touched the ground at all.
    Not one tiny footprint, for now I have wings.
    These tiny footprints were meant for other things.
    You will hear my tiny footprints, in the patter of the rain.
    Gentle drops like angel's tears, of joy and not from pain.
    You will see my tiny footprints, in each butterflies lazy dance.
    I will let you know I'm with you, if you just give me the chance.
    You will hear my tiny footprints in the rustle of the leaves.
    I will whisper names into the wind and call each one who grieves.
    Most of all these tiny footprints are found on Mommy and Daddy's heart.
    Cause even though I'm gone now, we'll never truly be apart.

    ~unknown

    In loving memory of Bennett Craig Condon

    If you need anything contact me. I am here for support!

    Love and Friendship,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been praying for you an your sweet angel Bennett... Love and prayers to your beautiful family..

    ReplyDelete
  7. These pictures are so precious. So many tears for such a beautiful baby boy. I'm not sure there are any words that will ease your pain. Please take comfort in the love and prayers that we send your way. Your little angel, his time so pecious and sweet....these pictures are so beautiful. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Your family is in our thoughts and we pray for your strengh.
    Love, the christophers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing. Your words touched me so much. Bennett is a beautiful little angel and loves you all so much. He is with you in everything you do. I admire your strength and courage. May God bless you all. We continue to send love and prayers for your family. Again Thank You for sharing your precious pictures and allowing us to meet sweet baby Bennett, Love The Humphries

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found your blog through another blog through another blog. I just want to say I am so very sorry and you are in my prayers. Such a beautiful family and what a beautiful baby boy....no mother should have to go through this. You are in my prayers. XO Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  10. My heart is breaking for you, I am so very sorry. There are no words and I can't imagine a getter pain than losing a child. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers. -Amy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I cannot imagine, and I am so very sorry for your pain and loss. You are such a strong Christian family, and without that faith, I don't know how anyone makes it through such tragic events. God blessed Bennett with you, even if for just a moment, and you will hold him in your arms again one day. I continue to pray for you all and send lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am sitting here crying my eyes out :( I am so sorry for your pain and the loss of such a precious life. Sending love and prayers to your family.

    Melissa
    www.melissaandameliawags.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. My heart is just broken for you! You seem like such a strong and caring person! madison and Bennett are so lucky to have you as their mom!

    ReplyDelete