Monday, May 28, 2012

4 weeks

I can’t believe it has been 4 weeks since we held our sweet boy. I am not sure where all this time goes, but he is truly missed.

Sweet Bennett,

I just remember those hours we had where we held you and wouldn’t put you down. We kissed and loved on you as much as we could. We miss you so much and wish you were here with us. Your big sister has asked about you and wonders into your room often. She loves the teddy bear you gave her and plays with it everyday.  She loves you so much!! I still think and long for all those kicks and twirls in my tummy. We know you are watching over us and will guide us in whatever our path may be. Please know we love and miss you so much sweet boy!!

These are my footprints,
so perfect and so small.
These tiny footprints
never touched the ground at all.
Not one tiny footprint,
for now I have wings.
These tiny footprints were meant
for other things.
You will hear my tiny footprints,
in the patter of the rain.
Gentle drops like angel's tears,
of joy and not from pain.
You will see my tiny footprints,
in each butterflies' lazy dance.
I'll let you know I'm with you,
if you just give me the chance.
You will see my tiny footprints,
in the rustle of the leaves.
I will whisper names into the wind,
and call each one that grieves.
Most of all, these tiny footprints,
are found on Mommy and Daddy's hearts.
'Cause even though I'm gone now,
We'll never truly part."


And quote that i really like...


“They say that time in heaven is compared to 'the blink of an eye' for us on this earth. Sometimes it helps me to think of my child running ahead of me through a beautiful field of wildflowers and butterflies; so happy and completely caught up in what he is doing that when he looks behind him, I'll already be there."

3 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful Sarah. I LOVE the quote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so heartfelt..your strength is powerful and I know your heart is aching..he is a beautiful son of God..I know your sweet girl doesn't understand all of this either.. continued prayers for you and your precious family!

    ReplyDelete