Saturday, July 28, 2012

Closet turned Office

We have had our desk and computer in Madison’s playroom for sometime now.  I have liked having it in their, so that I can be on it while she plays, but it has always taken up a lot of space. Now, I think we need the extra space in there, but I wasn’t sure where we could move the computer/office in the house as we do not have any extra room. This is when I decided to turn the hall closet (5 feet x 3 feet) into the office. I wasn’t sure if it was going to work out, but boy I LOVE IT!! The first thing we had to do was install an electrical outlet. Thanks to my handy husband this was done in no time. Next up was me painting the room. I wanted to just use paint we had, so I used the leftover paint from the dining room, which is Acanthus by Sherwin Williams. I have always wanted to try and stencil a room, so i thought this would be the perfect opportunity. The stenciling looks great, but it was definitely not easy. I was also able to use the leftover chocolate brown from our bedroom to do the stencil. I think it helped to add some depth to this small space. Once I got the painting done, it was on to the desk. Again, thanks to my amazing husband…..we have a built in desk.  He did such a great job. I added a few touches such as dressing up the pencil holder with scrapbook paper to help tie in the blue, brown, and green colors. I was also able to use the shelf that was already in the closet (not my favorite, but will do for now) to hold all my sewing supplies. Now I have a closet turned office/craft room. It is very hard to take pictures of this room, but I think you can get the idea. I still have a few things I want to add, but I am loving it!!

                  IMG_5622-001      IMG_5623-001

1 comment:

  1. It looks amazing! I am so impressed with both of your talents. My craft space is in the basement- not ideal, because of its lack of natural light, but it's so nice to have a space just for that.

    ReplyDelete